Monday, September 3, 2012

One me with different names


 Blogathon-Count down # 28



            Name is the first identity of a person. And, nick names reveals his/her character sometimes. Nick names can be got from any one who likes you, love you, or even jealous with you. ‘Double name’ is something given by small small rivals/enemies or some one who don’t like you or don’t want to appreciate you for anything.
            I don’t have much to list, any way I am going to tell you some of my names..
  The first one was given by my loving father. He used to call me “Chinku pappudu”, when i was too..small. In my little ages, I used to dress like a boy, and pleased to be called as a boy. I become angry at anybody calling me as a “girl”. I had made many fights regarding that.
            Then, I don’t remember from when I was okay to be a ‘girl’, and my father started calling me as “kuttayee”. Actually, this type of name is used to call boys. But, even now, he calls me like that. And, I just love it...
            I don’t know why, but my mother never called me with any pet names(I don’t remember even one!!).
            My chachan (Father’s yonger brother), used to call me as “kunjan”,which means “little one”. But, nowadays he doesn’t call me in that name. May be because, I am not his “little one” now. There are so many little ones now.
            My love(would be hubby), used to call me some sweet names, in our child hood days (ya, we started loving much earlier!!). But, after getting some maturity, (only he got matured, me still in the “kid” state), he don’t think I need to be pampered calling sweet names. He will call me whatever comes to his mind. Actually, nowadays he don’t call me anything directly, but in his cell phone, my phone number is saved as “Devi...” (me really like it). Some months before, it was “Vava”[ meaning, ‘little kid’]. But he changed it as his nick name (universally accepted I should say) is also “Vava” [changed to avoid the confusion, ‘vava’ calling “vava”].
            Then my friends ,seniors in my college days given my the name “Kanathri”- means naughty girl. One of my x-Mas friend called me as “barking baby”, as I was a ‘angry little girl’. Then there was some other names..I am not listing all that.
            When I joined as a lecturer after my B.tech, my sweet colleagues used to call me “kochu” – means little.( Oh!! When will I be a grown up?)
            Lastly, I want to tell you my new name, which is given by my current colleagues. The mechanical department in my college awarded me with the name “ Miss. Systematic”- You can assume why such a name. Anyway, I like it J. I take it as a complement. They teases me by saying, my would be husband..(actually, they don’t know I am engaged) is going to suffer a lot J J...

1 comment:

  1. So sweet.......the names are so cute.. You guys have a childhood love story? How romantic!

    I loved the variety of names you have- my favourite Kunjan :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment here..