Wednesday, September 26, 2012

An experience that made me more strong..



Blogathon- count down # 5 




            There are some times, when we find ourselves so..helpless about the things happening around us..There are days full of unpleasant things, and nothing to make us happy. At these times, life become difficult day by day. We will start losing our own strength and confidence, as nothing to hope good.  We all may have experienced this, at least once in our lifetime. Me also had this more than once..
            I was thinking about my PG project days.. It was the most stressful days I had yet. Mine was a very big and important project, and I was doing it alone. When I reached the Research & Development center  I was hoping to be got involved in any current project team. But, there was nobody to help me. They didn't acknowledged at least our presence [ me and my friend and classmate ‘J’; she was doing her project in an area different from mine], for the beginning months. Even our project Guide was not that much serious about us. But, we have made him to have mind us and appreciate us for our works. We both had to work a lot to achieve that.
            The big headache was not about the project work or topic. We were confident about our work, but there were some kind of people, who like to harass others. May be because of their ego and complex mind, they find happiness in making others to suffer and hurt. Whenever their superiors scold them, they come out from their frustration by throwing it on others. And we project students are the ‘things’ to trash out their frustrations. And, you know , me and she happened to be the ‘victims’ of that year. J
            There was a person, who comes in this category. He made us suffer a lot.. he used to laugh at us before everyone, always trying to be smart by ditching others. We were mentally tortured so..much. And about my condition- I was becoming more and more depressed day by day. I used to come to and leave from R&D on correct time, every day except Sunday. But, the thing is that, no any progress was there in my project. I have started hating to be there. Became more and more silent at home also. I felt myself detaching from my family also. I was feeling so bad ...and wishing to end this as soon as possible. Sometimes I have become so down , and even cursed my idea to do my Masters.
            On one day during that time, my project Guide called me in his cabin to inquire about my project progress. Actually he called me, knowing that things are not going well [about the project], and wanted to make me know, that he is aware of that. But, when he was about to scold me, I have lost my control and within no time, I was in tears. He got shocked on my behavior  and tried to calm me down, and started asking me the things very slowly. I was bursting out in tears and all my tensions, frustrations and everything was just flooding out, and what can I say.. I was feeling good, feeling my heart lightened to a great extent. To all my surprise, he, The project manager of this famous and reputed firm, was giving all his ears to me so..patiently. I never thought that, he is that much approachable and kind to such a ‘childish’ me. He asked more details about my family also. He made me understand, why such people behave like that, and how to deal with them. After this meeting, I felt so relieved and happy. And before leaving, I promised him that, I will try my best to give a good result to him.
            And from the very next day, I have flushed out the thoughts about all the bad experiences I had because of that person. And started avoiding him in every point. And you know, what happened finally? My project was a success, more than that expected from them. Then they appreciated and acknowledged everything I have done on the project. No words to explain my happiness..
            During those days, I mean after the new beginning, I used to write diary daily. I used to list 5 good things happened each day. And you know, it was a great success. Even in a very dull day, I could find out five good things. Also, I have started reading so many good blogs, which made me mentally peaceful and happy. And I have started facing life more positively, and that reflected in my work also..
            That was a very stressful period in my life. But, that really helped me to understand different kinds of people, and taught me how to face to such problems. The saying is so right- ‘Everything happens for a reason’...



1 comment:

  1. Yes dear...very true... everything happens for a reason and that reason is to teach us something - a lesson.

    Loved your attitude <3

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment here..