Sunday, December 23, 2012

My wish came true..

          I just had finished it!!. In one sitting, I have read “The Secret Wishlist” , by Preeti Shenoy, one of my favourite author. I should say, she is again surprised me with her excellent story telling. I want to congratulate her with all my heart. This book made me think about my own ‘secret Wishlist’ too..:)
          This post came as a result of Preeti Shenoy’s new creative prompt. ‘Wishlist Wednesdays. It's a kind of contest as every week her publisher Westland will pick one entry and will send the winner copy of ‘The Secret Wishlist’.
          This week’s prompt: "My onewish that came true and gave me immense joy!"
          ...................................................................................................................
          Some months before, I was so depressed on something. Something was disturbing me terribly. I was feeling so sad.. and I have made a wish and prayers to God, that make everything fine. Just give me my brother back. There was a unseen wall forming between us. And when I started realizing ,that hurt me like hell. I had made a post- a letter to my brother on ‘Rakhiday’.
          And I am happy to say, my wish come true..!!
          .................................................................................................................
          After Rakhi day, I have been trying to get back the attachment, which was there in between us. And the ice wall started to melt.
          Then came his Birthday. On the day before that, I got to know that my two sisters had made some gifts prepared for him. They have bought something in advance, and I couldn’t.:( due to some reasons. I become upset.
          It was during our routine chat, I shared my feelings with my Love. I said, I couldn’t buy any gift for my brother. Then what he said really made me feel good. He said. “ Hey don’t worry, do one thing, when he cut the cake, and everyone give him their gifts, you just hug him and kiss him .wish him a very very happy birthday. I am sure, that will make him more happy”.You know what, I was relived really. I felt happy for having him as my soulmate.
Then the day came. He cut the cake, we made wishes, he filled everyone’s mouth with the Birth day cake. Sisters gave him gifts. I stood still. My heart was wishing to do what my love said. But, simply I couldn’t even though I have done it several times in my mind. I don’t know why, maybe it’s the presence of others or the thought about his response hold me back.
          That day I said my love that, I couldn’t do it. I really want to hug my brother, I wanted to kiss him. But, I couldn’t.
          Next day, after my work I went to the town with my friend. I want to buy something for him. Then, I have purchased some clothings : 2 teashirts, three-fourths, and a shirt. I was hoping , he will like my choices. In child hood days he always did.
          When I came home, it was getting darker, and my sisters were resting in their rooms. My parents were not reached then. There was no power supply also. So it was complete silence there. My brother was out of home.    
          I was thinking about giving the gifts to him, and about what his response will be. Then the door bell rang. It was him. I opened the door, and rushed to my room and called him from there, ‘ Da, can u just come here...?’
Without any hesitation, he came, and asked ‘what’s the matter?’. I just gave him the packets. I watched him checking all those. I can see he is happy. He said ‘Thanks’. And said ‘ no need to thank me’.
        Bro: Hmm....why?
          Me: you don’t have to, my dear..
          Bro: Hmm...okay..
          Me: you like it?
          Bro : Yeah..
          Me : Then..give me a kiss..
          Bro: ........??
Me pointed my cheek. Without any hesitation, he came near and planted a Kiss on my cheek. J J. Then I kissed him back too. I felt something got stuck in my throat. I felt my eyes going to be wet. And We both realized how much we missed each other...
         I was so happy when I detailed everything to my love. He was so happy too...
          ...............................................................................................................
          Now, I am happy. I know it is not the gift.. it was just a reason to make everything fine. Thanking God for everything. I pray to God that, please don’t make us fight ever. We can’t take this anymore.  
.............................................................................................................................



        
  Sikha


3 comments:

  1. Oh dear...this is so beautiful dear... and touching too I am glad your this wish came true as I know you were waiting for it to happen since quite a long time.

    I am really happy for you :)

    Take care...hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, I can't forget how you support me on my bad times. love you always.. Hugs and hugs...

      Take care..

      Delete

Feel free to comment here..