Wednesday, December 26, 2012

An advice got on time & I needed most...


         I have already told about a friendship that I had lost one day. You might have read it here and here. Today, I came to remember again about her. Two months ago, she got married. Happily got married to a nice guy. I am really happy for her.
          Her marriage... that’s what I want to tell now about. After we had broken our relationship, we didn’t kept any contact to each other. Even though we had some unexpected meetings in between, they were not sufficient to hold back a broken friendship. But, when her marriage came near, she tried to contact me first. Unfortunately, I couldn’t attend her calls as I was at work. And, I couldn’t call her back also. May be it’s my ego. But, I was sure that, this call was for inviting me for marriage. And how can I call her back and ask for the invitation? Let her call again. That was what I have thought that time.
          No any call came, but I got an e-mail from her would- be. That was their wedding invitation card. Oh! Why couldn’t she invite me? And he and me don’t know each other yet.
          There was not at all a thought of, me attending that wedding. When my other friends (who are also invited) called up and asked about how I am supposed to go, and how we can buy gifts (In all weddings, we share and buy a nice gift), I didn't got anything to tell them. Actually except two of them not aware of what happened between us. So, I choose to stay Hmmm...
          When Athi called me up and asked about if I am going or not, I said it. "I am not going da. She hasn’t even invited me properly. And you know all that happened..". She said “It’s okay, if you feel that’s right, then don’t go. I am planning to go by this time and this way.(she mentioned the time and the respective bus).
          Then the day came. I had tuition on the same day. And I was getting ready for going the tuition centre. My students are supposed to come after less than one hour.
          Deep inside, something was disturbing me. Yes, it’s about her. I really felt bad for not wishing her Good Luck. I just typed a greeting to her. Also mentioned that, I won’t be able to attend the wedding – some reasons. This made me feel a bit better, and continued my preparation for the class.
          Everything got changed after I have got the call from my brother Sibi. Not a blood relation, but a stronger bond that made of love. He asked me the same; “you not going?”
Me: (Silence)
He:  Hey, what you are doing? if you don’t want to, then don’t go. But, have you thought about how long you going to keep the distance? Today is her marriage, and after that, she will go her way and you on yours. What if you not attended her wedding? She also won’t attend your’s. And what you both gain from that? Ok listen, whatever have happened between you both, just forget it. Just remember that, you both had a good relation sometime before. and today is a very important day for her. If you don’t attend today, you can’t do it any other day. And every one forget all rivalries when Marriage/ death comes.
Me left blank.... I just  got what I needed most at that time..a perfect advice on correct time. I was totally confused, and now he made everything clear. Yeah, you are right. I don’t like a chance of regretting myself some day, If I didn’t go today. Yes..I have to go. And I will...
          But I had my students waiting for me. When the decision is made, the solutions were coming easily. I had gone to my class, had a one and a half hour class, and gave them a break. Then I rushed to the temple, where the marriage was supposed to be held at. I have reached there on time, had seen my friends. Also him, who made me do this, Who told me what I was supposed to do, who taught me hold back my silly fight and ego and give cheers to one of my best friendship... I could see how he happy he was. Even though he didn’t mention anything I could know that.. Thank you my dearest brother and ever loving friend.. With out you, I couldn't have done it..
          Athi was also happy for my coming. She told me that, you just leave all that bad feelings you had. Just forget about it, and from today, you may not be continuing your relation with her, but you just don’t have to keep the burden of those fights anymore. Keep yourself happy always..
          We enjoyed the wedding celebrations fully. I had greeted her Best wishes. I am sure, she too was so happy on this. My presence. She asked me, “you have messaged me, that you won’t...?”. “ Yeah, but I couldn’t”- was my reply.
          Just after the function, I left there to continue my class. I want to thank my students also. They completely agreed to adjust.
          Thus, it ended like this.. as I had said in one of my previous post, ‘that may be because of the warmth of a good relation which we had once....’

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky I would say to have been surrounded by such wonderful people in your life.

    Stay blessed always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect advice arrived in perfect time...:)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment here..