Wednesday, July 18, 2012

FDP program.


   

     I am talking about FDP (Faculty Development Program) in our college.
     From  the very first day, I have found out  some amazing things in  our college. One of them is this FDP, conducted  everyday @ 2pm. To  improve the communication skills of the faculty, and to make them confident on a stage, the college authorities planned to  conduct seminars by every faculty members. The topics can be anything under the sun, usually general topics. But the technical topics can also be taken but make sure  that, we are not going so deep in to technical; so that every  faculty get benefit from this. The audiences were  not only from the Engineering Department, but also from MCA and MBA department in our college.
      On my first day @ college, I got a chance to attend the FDP , which consisted of two classes by two of  my colleagues. The classes were really interesting, and  I appreciated this idea  of FDP.
    After each classes, there was interactive sessions in which all faculties are supposed to say something, any comments or questions. The senior faculties  take  part in it very actively, but the juniors are not that much  relaxed. I had  found out some of my friends sitting near me being tensed, worrying about, who will be called next. Actually the thing is that, when nobody is coming forward to comment on the session, then principal Mam will call somebody very randomly, to come forward and speak. This is a terrible situation to everyone, I can see from their expressions.
    ‘Thank God’.. I have escaped that time. But, me also became scared, on thinking about the session the next day. The seminar hall was a huge hall, air conditioned, having cushioned seats. The lights will be turned off before starting the show, just like  in a movie theatre. The difference is that, here we are making the show. We are taking part in the show. Whole of the ambience make every one tensed a little. Me also got it ..
     And  one day I also had to take my seminar ..I will tell that story later..

2 comments:

  1. You seem to enjoying your job as a teacher...waiting for more campus stories from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are absolutely right my dear..I am really enjoying my job..

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment here..