Monday, July 23, 2012

A gift brought by FDP




In one of my previous posts, I was saying about the FDP (Faculty Development Program) in my college. Today I got something to share with you. The FDP program made me get a valuable gift .Let me tell the story. It was on last week.....
That day one of my colleague was taking a seminar on the topic “Luck”. She had explained some interesting things about ‘luck’, and finally there came the  time for making comments. I got up myself  and faced the audience to make a comment. I started with congratulating her for taking such an interesting topic. Then I told them about the book “The Monk Who Sold His Ferari”, by Robin Sharma, and continued like this...
‘In that book, the narrator of the story,John asks the central character Julian, “what is called ‘Luck’ my dear friend?”. Then Julian replies, “It’s nothing more than the marriage of preparation with opportunity”. As we see, preparation plays an important role in life success. When opportunity comes to a person, who is prepared, he can take the opportunity. This is what Julian Mantle considered as luck. So, if the luck knocks an unprepared mind, there is a high probability that, he miss his opportunity and misses his luck. So to be the lucky person, we all have to be well prepared ...Good luck to all of you’.... I stopped saying like this.
Then, the next day, the  Mechanical Department HOD(Head of the  Department) asked me about my interest in reading, and about the type of books I used to read. He looked so impressed on me..
The next day, he called me in his department, (Me belongs to Electrical Engineering Department), and gifted me something..You know what was that..? An “e-Reader”... Kobo e-reader. I was so happy and excited on seeing that. I also wanted to get one like that..and God is great! I got it as a gift.. I thanked him so..much for this wonderful present. I asked him , whether I can show this to our Principal Mam..He said “Oh..yes, go on..”. Then I showed Mam, and she said a “Wow!!”, and Sir explained why he had given me this gift.. Mam said “Look, how happy she is!!”..She was right.. I was so..so..happy..


Have a look at my new e-reader..


7 comments:

  1. Oooooooooohhhhhhhh!!! This is AWESOME!! I SO want an e-reader! I mean, I want it soooooo much and you're so lucky to have got this as a gift!!! Congratulations!! :D :D :D

    By the way, what you said is really good. :)
    PS- OMG!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashna..you know, I have loaded as much as pdf books I have. If you got any good book, that you have read,and if there is any favourite, then can you send it to me...?

      Delete
  2. WOW.....this is soooooooo cool....Congratulations dear...a very well deserved gift!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear... I am really happy,having got this.Now, I started reading in my e-reader.. I have already asked Ashna, and now want to tell you that,I will be grateful if you send me any of your favorite books to me..
      Take care..

      Delete
    2. Oh wow :D

      Sure...will send few of the books I have in PDF. I have Paulo Coelho, Autobiography of a Yogi, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Cash flow quadrant and 7 habits...do let me know which you would like to read . Will mail you!

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much dear..That is so nice of you,..

      I have almost all the Paulo coelho books. and also the 7 habits of really effective people. Can you please mail me the rest of the books?
      Thanks a Ton!!

      Delete
    4. Sure....can you please send me a mail on privytrifles@gmail.com as I don't have your email id?

      Delete

Feel free to comment here..