Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Always be shining stars....


            That was another FDP session in our college. It was on the same day, I have stood up myself to make a comment on the sessions done by two of my colleagues. I am coming to the details;
    There were two seminars on that day. The 1st one was on the topic “Stars- our friends”, and the 2nd was on “stress management”.  The former one explained the life cycle of stars, mainly the death cycle in which the stars first become ‘Red Giant’, then ‘white dwarf’ and lastly ‘ black dwarf’ which means the end of the life of a star. Due to some reactions happening for a long time  in the stars, some pressure will cause them to shrink inwards, which makes them decreasing their size. Gradually it become smaller, which is called as a ‘white dwarf’ And the  final state is “ black dwarf” which is the death of that star. This was very informative and new to most of us.
            The latter topic covered what is called ‘stress’ , its symptoms, types of stresses, how positive stress helps us, and how we can get rid of the negative stress. It was also an interesting seminar.
  We all enjoyed both the sessions; they were presented very well by my friends. And, after finishing both, started the interactive session. The seniors started talking about the stress in teaching profession. Somebody said that, it is the most stressful profession, but one opposed by saying, it is not a stressful job, rather it is an easy job. And there is somebody else pointed out that, if we are passionate about teaching, then it can never be stressful. Likewise, different types of opinions were coming. But, I think, it was only me, who was not thinking about that point. I was thinking about something else. I was feeling so tensed, my heart started beating so fast, and I was almost up from my seat. I got understood what my mind trying to do then. I agreed.. I couldn’t resist the urge to go the stage and tell something. But, there was serious discussion going on. But, I couldn’t wait. I called principal Mam, and told her that “Mam, I just want to say something”. She looked at me in surprise, and told me that, “ Come forward Mam, you don’t have to ask permission”. Then, I found myself on the stage( Actually I don’t remember how I reached there).
            I started with congratulating both of my friends, and then I said- “ when I heard both of the classes, I just found a relation between both the topics. I want to relate the dying star to a negatively stressed person. When he is at the peak of his stress, or mental pressure, he is in the same position as the ‘Red giant’. And if he continue to be in that state, after some time, he will shrink to a ‘ white dwarf’ and then to a ‘black dwarf’. And friends, what I want to tell  that, we should never allow us to continue to be a ‘Red giant, then to become a white dwarf and at last a ‘black dwarf’. I wish all of us,to be ‘shining stars’ always....”
   It was my first comment, that I have made myself (the very 1st one was made by me when Principal Mam called out my name on stage, and I had no other option). And, you know what, all the rest of the appreciation was about my statement. They congratulated me saying that, it was a creative thought, and they liked that. I was so happy then. “Everybody like to be appreciated” – it is true. Actually, that day helped me to make me noticed by everyone. And, then in all the next FDP’s I have tried to say something. And I can feel the difference ; FDP have improved my confidence to speak before public. Nowadays, I don’t feel the tension which I had on the first time. My heart beats are normal when I stand up for saying something. Actually, this is the purpose of the FDP (Faculty Development Program). I am happy to say that, our principal Mam pointed me out saying, I am the best example for the FDP utilization.
      Thank you friends, for all your patience. I will come later with another FDP story.. 

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!

    That was an amazing comparison dear... you presented it so brilliantly..I simply loved this thought of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear..Your comment made me more happy.
    That day I got the courage to go to the stage and face the audience there. I couldn't stop myself sharing my thought. I don't want to feel sorry if not able to do so.

    Sikha

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment here..